Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2,2009


It is a beautiful day in East Texas. I was supposed to be planting strawberries today "about 1/2 an acre worth, but it rained hard last night and is quite cool this morning. So I guess I have another day before I have to get serious about that.
Yesterday I participated in a sew in with "Country Quilters USA" a yahoo group. I had the most fun. I worked on a UFO... A quilt of the month quilt my SIL bought a number of years ago. She started it, but had difficulty with it. I tried to show her the problems she was having but in the end, she did not want to finish it. I had to take 4 blocks apart and the others were still in the original package. It was fun to work on with friends making communication on the internet. I will post pictures of my work. Just as soon as I figure out how this works.
Time to move on to making a book bag for my Granddaughter.
Happy Quilting to all!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, there! So happy to see you've joined in the blogging fun. Don't worry. You'll have the hang of it in no time, and soon you'll be completely hooked! LoL

    Wasn't the sew-in fun? I have to tell you, I'm so in love with your sampler blocks. Every time I see them, I'm reminded of a quilt I made in 2007 as part of a Friendship Block swap. Here's a link to a picture in my webshots, if you'd like to take a look.

    Heather's Blocks of Friendship Quilt

    I'm going over now to add your link to my blog list. Have fun, and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt, and I agree the sew-in was fun. I think we should do one every month...or maybe every Sunday for those who are home sewing. You will love blogging!

    ReplyDelete