Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just new!!

Hello Friends,
I am new to this whole blogging thing, but I am going to give it a go. I am almost old (56) and live on a 5.5 acre country place in east Texas. We have only been in Texas for a year, but we really love it. We share this place with our oldest son and his family, so my 2 grands are just a small walk away. We are quite busy people here. My HB and 2 sons all work in the pipeline business, so needless to say they spend very little time at home. My DIL is a great homemaker and loves rubber stamping. You might say she is addicted. The Grands, one girl 11 and a boy 7 are the joy of our life. Very well behaved and always busy with something.
We built a new, small home for retirement last year, and just finished building the porch and carport this month. We built the entire house ourselves with my brothers help. It is a very country home, with a red tin roof, and the inside fininished entirely in ply bead wood, walls and ceilings with cedar board trim. Looks like a country cabin inside.
We planted 30 fruit trees last year, and assortment of peach, plum, pear, apples, and figs. We were quite suprised that they are all doing well but 2. We are currently working on planting 1/2 acres of strawberries and will plant 1/2 acre of blueberries in late February. We hope to grow enough to share.
My passion is quilting. I have a bailey mid arm quiltier on a grace pinnacle frame. A singer straignt sew, a Janome MC 4800 Quilters edition, a New home serger, and a Janome MC11000. When we built our new home we built a large quilt room for me. A life long dream come true, but now that we have such a large place, I find I spend a lot of time outside gardening.
I welcome anyone to join in and chat about quilting, sewing or embroidery, I am always lookeing for new ideas. I am sure it will take me a while to figure out how this blog thing works.
My DIL has a beautiful blog on rubber stamping it is...

http://makinkstudio.blogspot.com/2009/01/home-is.html
Take a look if you like rubber stamping.
I am going to see if I can get this blog going now. Happy quilting to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment