Saturday, December 28, 2013

It has been such a long time since I have been to my blog.  Life just changes direction some times. 

My mom passed away in August of 2010 at the age of 80.  I really miss her.

My husband was diagnosed with AML (acute mylogious leukemia) in July of 2011.  We were told without immediate treatment he would probably not live 2 months.  It has been a long battle.  At MD Anderson in Houston they were able to get his cancer in remission, but then he had to go through a stem cell transplant.  He was lucky to have a brother that matched and was loving enough to donate healthy cells.  Since then is just leaning to live with the transplant.  He is cancer free now and doing well, but life is so different.  There are many medications, many restrictions, and many battles along the way.  We thank God for every day. 

I have done a little quilting along the way, and am trying to get back in the swing.

I did a King Size lone star quilt for a friend for Christmas.  It was fun and helped get my focus going again. 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and I wish all a very Happy and Healthy New Year...  

No comments:

Post a Comment