Friday, April 3, 2009

Caring Hands & Hearts Quilt


Hello Friends,
I am so far behind I don't know what to say. I have been busy all week, some days sewing and quilting others working in the yard and gardens.
Here in East Texas, spring is tying to stay, but the mighty winds try hard to push it out. We will get a really strong wind and rain then a few days of beautiful sunshine. Just about time to get out in the yard the rain comes again.
Our strawberries look really good. I have been trying to keep the blooms and new berries picked off, so the plants will have a chance to catch root good. I try to work a row a day.
I have the front flower bed set for the summer and we planted 12 new fruit trees. Also planted 10 Flowering trees in the front for decoration and shade. But the 100 blueberry bushes are still waiting to be planted. But the rain will not cooperate. Oh well. Gives me more time for quilting.
This week I quilted one quilt for me and one for a friend. I will post my fall quilt as soon as I get the binding on it. Today I made this quilt for my SIL. She teaches nursing and their class moto is Caring hand & Caring hearts. She needed something to display in her class. So this is what I came up with.
The wall hanging is 24" X 24" I created the center block on my embroidery machine, then did a bias tape rim around each different color. the fabrics are from Debbie Mumm country collection. The gold fabric has small apples and the companion green has baskets and crates full of apples. You know "An apple a day.... Keeps the doctor away....." I think it turned out OK.
Thank you for stopping by. I will try to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment