Monday, May 11, 2009

Rainy day in East Texas



It is a rainy day in East Texas! A cool breeze and very foggy. Just my kinda day. I hear the fountain running outside and birds chirping and the slow drizzle of rain. It makes it hard to get moving for the day. A great time to sit and rest.
We have rain every day for the past 10 days. Sometimes stormy and very strong winds, some days like today, just very cloudy and drizzly. The rain has helped our new trees and blueberry bushes to get well established, but it not doing much for the vegetable garden. The corn looks great, the cauliflower, broccoli, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, looking OK, the half the watermelons have died, and some of the other items looking sad. The strawberries are trying to ripen, but starting to mold. Even though the rain has been nice. It is time for it to move on. Forecast says one more day, then maybe a break. The rest of the place needs the grass mowed bad. We have tried to keep up in between. But lots of mowing to do.
During this time I have been very busy quilting. I have doing quilts for my customers. One that I really liked was done all of batik fabrics. I quilted it in a curving meander pattern with variegated thread. It was so pretty, I hated to return it to my customer. She does very nice work.

No comments:

Post a Comment